Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Still A Manchester United Fan

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he still watches his former club Manchester United whenever he can, and has backed former team-mate Nani to become one of "the best players in the world".

Despite leaving for a world record fee of £80 million in the summer after six years at Old Trafford, the Portuguese superstar said that he still cheered for United when watching them on television.

He also expressed his delight for good friend Nani, who has been given more opportunity to flourish in Ronaldo's absence. The current World Player of the Year said that his fellow countryman was steadily winning over his critics and would soon prove to be a world-beater.

"Every time I can I try to watch United's games on television," said the Real Madrid man, according to The Daily Mirror.

"I still like to know what's happening at Old Trafford. And despite now being at Real, I'm always happy when I know when United have won.

"I've also seen that Nani is playing much more than he was last season when I was there. That's good for him and he will benefit from that.

"Now he has more opportunities to play, he will be able to show the fans just how a great player he is.

"We still speak regularly on the phone. And it's good to see United's fans are starting to appreciate him more and have been happy with his form up until now.

"Nani is an excellent player. There's a lot more to come from him and I'm sure that in a few years he will be amongst the best players in the world."

Ronaldo has been in unstoppable form for his new club so far this season, scoring in all of his first four Primera Division matches.

Phillip Wen, Goal.com UK

No comments:

Post a Comment