Friday, September 18, 2009

Cristiano Ronaldo overpriced as Manchester United got a great deal says Fabio Capello



Fabio Capello says he loves his wife more than football, but he really needs to spend more time with the other woman in his life.

Because if he studied harder with the rather attractive signora who has been hired to teach him English, we might discover that little bit more about the Italian doing such a fine job with the England team.

In an interview with Italian magazine Marie Claire, Capello opens up on subjects from his one-time ambition to become an airline pilot to his sheer amazement at the amount of money his former employers Real Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

‘He is not worth £25million more than Kaka,’ declared England’s manager.

‘You can see that Manchester United’s directors have been cleverer than AC Milan’s
in their dealings with Real Madrid.’


'Overpriced': Ronaldo

Yet, his praise for the Old Trafford negotiators is nothing compared to his admiration for wife Laura.

‘The greatest victory in my private life is my wife Laura,’ he said.

‘If I had to choose between a year without love or a year coaching in Italy’s second division, I would make the obvious one, a season in Serie B.’

And when he lists the main priorities in his life, football finishes fourth.

‘If I had not become a footballer, I would have flown Boeings,’ he said. ‘Football is just a job to me. The three things I could not give up are my own home, my family and
travelling.’


On cloud nine: Capello at qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix

But even an Italian fashion magazine had to put a few football questions to the 63-year-old. Such as would he ever consider coaching Italy? How would he feel about
meeting them in the World Cup? And, when it comes to players and managers, who does he rate the most?

Interestingly, he reveals himself as a major admirer of Jose Mourinho.

‘Would I coach the Italian national side? It simply does not interest me,’ he said. ‘Italy and England could meet in the World Cup final, but at the moment I wear the England shirt.

‘I am a professional who has made choices and, at times, they can prove to be difficult. The manager who I rate the most highly is Marcello Lippi. He and Jose Mourinho are two very capable coaches, they are both winners, and it is hard to choose between the two of them.

‘The best player in the world right now is Lionel Messi. In Italy, the best two are Juventus keeper Gianluigi Buffon and the Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi.’

No comments:

Post a Comment