Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kaka: I Am Not In Cristiano Ronaldo's Shadow At Real Madrid

Kaka: I Am Not In Cristiano Ronaldo's Shadow At Real Madrid

Kaka has insisted that he is not in Cristiano Ronaldo's shadow at Real Madrid after the Portuguese star started to impress with his free-kicks in recent games.


The Brazilian has yet to find the net despite some encouraging displays and his team-mate has taken all the headlines with his goalscoring feats.

Critics have said that Kaka needs to improve and prevent himself from being in Ronaldo's shadow, but the player himself is insistent that he is not.

"I can assure you that I am not. I have the job of providing goal assists and have three to my name so far. Everyone must understand what his role is;" he told AS.

"Everything Cristiano has done in recent days was his own doing. He has performed his job well and the team has benefited."

A lack of goals has also seen Kaka asked again and again by reporters when he thinks the will score and how many goals he thinks he can bag this term.

"It isn’t an issue for me. I am fine. I have provided many assists and am fine like that. We are winning matches and that is all that counts. I will score at some point, but fans shouldn’t worry," he continued.

"I couldn’t promise a certain number of goals and I am still at zero, but my first will come. I also like to pass and provide assists because that is my main job.

"I don’t deny that I like to score, but I am not worried about not doing so yet."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment