Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Queiroz and Zidan on World Record holder Cristiano Ronaldo


Cristiano Ronaldo will soon officially hold the world record transfer fee. The Portuguese Star winger’s € 94 million move beats Zinedine Zidane’s € 76 million transfer fee from Juventus to Real Madrid.



Zidane: Cristiano makes me breathe again

Now the former French captain and current Real Madrid board advisor to Perez revealed his happiness at losing this record.

“It’s a relief for me because the cost of Cristiano has seen me lose that record, which was quite heavy to carry,

“You could say that, thanks to Cristiano, I can breathe again.”

Cristiano Ronaldo’s 94 million euro price tag explains that the player will have to leave up to expectations for his dream club Real Madrid.

Queiroz cautious over Ronaldo’s life in Real Madrid.

The reigning World Player of the Year is known for his pace on the field and his power on the ball that helps him convert free-kicks into goals. Whether he manages to impose himself in Spanish football is one question, while the other one is about the huge responsibilities and pressure created by sponsorship and marketing issues.

Speaking some days earlier, Manchester United assistant coach, Carlos Queiroz, revealed to The Sun:

“I have my opinion about my wish regarding the career of Cristiano - and I think Manchester United was the right club for him,”

“It’s something to do with the fashion, the television, a different game that is in place nowadays.

“I must say that at Real Madrid, [distractions] can happen very easily.”

How will Cristiano Ronaldo fair out along side Kaka in a Real Madrid squad reshaped by money?

Written by: Angela Asante

No comments:

Post a Comment